Sunday, October 3, 2010

In search of a desk..

For so long I have been on the hunt for the perfect desk.  The one I had from walmart was getting the job done but not completing my living room like I wanted.  Here is a picture of what I had..

                                                                   

   
Then one lucky day craigslist did it again!  I found the perfect desk, with a little TLC of course.  For only $30 bucks I took this baby home and gave her just what she needed. 




I just loved the little knobs... So cute.  And the paint I used was an oops paint from Home depot for only $5 and I am now in love with it! 


For a while now I have been wanting to make a cute little wreath for my front door, the ones to buy at the store are just outrageous and I really didn't want to spend that much.  I saw a great idea online, one I couldn't believe I hadn't ever thought of doing.  I just picked up a cheap little dollar store foam wreath and
any fabric I could find.

Just cut the fabric into little strips and tie them into little knots all the way around.  It only took me maybe
20 minutes and it was the perfect accessory for my door!  I think next week I will make one for Halloween!

10 comments:

  1. i LOVE it! i love the color- it's fabulous! and you did a great job distressing it to show off the cute details, like the little feet and knobs! thanks for joining my party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the unique color...goes great with that aqua chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The desk looks fab-but I love the seafoam green chair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a fun place to do stuff (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect desk, after you transformed it into something fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a huge change. I really like that and the cute chair. The wreath idea is perfect! it looks so easy and so damn cute!

    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola, I have loved the desk you found and how you renovated it, really beautiful... and fell in love with the lovely wreath you made!!! I´m also participating in Transformation Thursday where I have found you.
    Greetings from Chile,
    maria cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Love the color of the chair - what did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love the shape of this piece...and those knobs are perfect for it! Thanks so much for linking to Style Feature Saturday!! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete